Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Path of Philosophy and Fish Pizza

This is a beautiful, serene path that follows a canal on one side. It's called the Path of Philosophy because great thinkers and monks would contemplate as they walked it. It leads to many temples but, most importantly (in my opinion...) to Ginkakuji.

The Most Beautiful Garden I've Ever Seen - at Ginkakuji - a beautiful temple on the eastern mountain of Kyoto.


Me at Ginkakuji

Moss Description #1 - "Moss the Interrupter"

Moss Description #2 - "Most Important Moss, like VIP"

A Skink at Ginkakuji

After our walk of many miles, from the south of Kyoto to fairly far north, we decided to rest our weary feet and eat some fish pizza. It's been a goal of mine to try it since we came. It was great!

5 comments:

carolyn said...

Sounds like a delicious soulful experience and I don't mean the food! What was the fish pizza like? Did it look like an American pizza or something entirely different?

Jared said...

*sigh* I'm completely and utterly jealous of you! -- Being able to take a relaxing vacation with just the two of you and see beautiful places and experience phenomenal experiences...

Kim and I haven't had a vacation since the first year we were married (so our last vacation was six years ago!), and we've never been out of the country together.

I'll bet it will be hard to come home again. Except for missing the kids.

Pollywog said...

See? You DO take great pictures!!! That's a really nice one of you! And I love the lizard with the blue tail. Very cool.

abbie said...

i agree with Paul-i think all of your photos are great! maybe it's all the zen & relaxation you're feeling there. it must be!

i'm really embarrassed that i don't know about any of these places in Kyoto. and i call my myself a japanophile! (is that even the right term? geez...)

abbie said...

ps i really like the notes about the moss. especially the "VIP" one!

ahahahahahaha!!!