All the streets around here are lined with many tiny shrines. This one is up the street from the hotel and was created in 695 A.D. 695! We walked up to look inside and I realized that there was a bell attached to a large rope right outside. "Look, Mike, there's a bell you can ring!" I touched it, just barely, and this loud, electronic alarm went off. Wee-oo, wee-oo! Boy, did I run fast. I can just see getting arrested in Japan for touching a sacred shrine. There are definite disadvantages to not speaking or reading the language...
2 comments:
Heh heh heh. What a great way to spend the rest of your Japanese vacation - in jail. =D I'm sure at the time it was scary, but to me it sounds so funny!
well, you wouldn't know-you can ring the bells at other japanese temples!
haha, i would have run too! what did Mike do?
Post a Comment