I was pleased to see that many of the places we've explored through our assignments won awards. Technorati (which I thought was soooo boring, but apparently other people like it) and LibraryThing (which I loved, and IS useful in a library setting) But, my hands-down favorite winner was.... Cocktailbuilder.com! Have you ever wondered what to do with the rest of that bottle of tawny port that you bought for one recipe that is now gathering dust and taking up space in your liquor cabinet? Well, this is the site for you! There is a handy "add ingredient" option that will let you put in all the lonely and barely used liquors in your cupboard and then list all the drinks that can be made with them. Wow- what a lifesaver! I found that I could make "Trouble in Paradise" and "Russian Qualude" with my offerings.
I guess I wouldn't recommend using this for library purposes, unless all the Bartender's Guides are checked out and a patron really needs a recipe for a drink called "Tight Sweater."
No comments:
Post a Comment