Saturday, February 4, 2012

168 Countries to Go!

Countries From Which We've Had Meals:


  • Mexico
  • El Salvador
  • Peru M.I.A. The owner is soooo nice! Good ceviche
  • Argentina
  • Morocco Cedars of Lebanon PLEASE try the Chicken Pastilla.
  • Senegal


  • Ethiopia African Market Delicious meal eaten with your fingers!
  • Tanzania
  • Ireland
  • Spain
  • Switzerland


  • Austria (Oh, Vienna Bistro, how we miss you!)
  • France
  • Italy
  • Bosnia
  • Poland
  • Turkey - You can even watch Turkish television while you dine! a la Turca
  • Lebanon
  • Russia (Homemade borscht and weird ground liver/mushy meat thingy... One of our first countries!)
  • Pakistan
  • India
  • China
  • Myanmar (BEST MEAL EVER!) Burma Superstar!!!! Everyone MUST go here and have Tea Leaf Salad and Samusa Soup!


  • Thailand Two favorites in Salt Lake; Chanon Thai for delicious ginger tea and Spicy Soft-shell Crab Salad and Tea Rose Diner for the hottest food ever and homemade ice cream (flavors like Orange-Coriander, Malt or Honey-Lavender!)
  • Tibet (I count this as a separate country. For the record, Patrick objects)
  • Japan
  • Philippines


  • Indonesia (Jackfruit heaven! Sadly, this cute Portland restaurant no longer exists. But, here is a jackfruit...)  

2 comments:

darrah said...

Hi Liesl love your blog! Food!
Yum!

I'm bringing the crepe maker to work tomorrow . I'll come find you - will you be at work?

Cheers!
Dar

Liesl said...

Hi Darrah, yes I will be there after noon! I'm so excited. Thanks!!!