Resolution- Every month I will cook a whole meal from a different country. The catch is that it can't be a country from which Patrick and I have already eaten and marked on our world map... So, get ready for some exotic fare!
January brings us to France. It's hard to believe we haven't eaten French food in the whole 2 years we've been keeping track, so this gave me the opportunity to stretch my culinary boundaries a bit. Snails, people. Snails and frog legs.
Six French cookbooks later, here is the menu:
Galette de Pommes de Terre au Chevre en Salade ( Wild greens salad with potato cake and warm goat cheese
Petits-Gris en Matelote (Blanquette of Snails)
Grenouilles A La Provencale (Provencal Frog Legs)
Clementines Confites
Pots de crème au Chocolat (Chocolate Pots de crème)
Cooking time; 3.5 hours
Clementines
Verdict... We love the cheesy potatoes with wild greens the most. Frog legs do NOT taste like chicken, the snails were our second favorite and the Pots de creme were delightful.
Empty plates and full bellies.
Patrick suggested we explore the cuisine of Canada in February. Hmmmm.
4 comments:
I'm so impressed! And in awe that you found the frog legs and snails. Can't wait to read about your next month's fare. :)
I miss Liesl's lounge.
Mare, when I see what you make, well, my little French food pales in comparison!
Rex, I thought it was a dumb name from the start. I'm still not completely happy with it.
Mare, when I see what you make, well, my little French food pales in comparison!
Rex, I thought it was a dumb name from the start. I'm still not completely happy with it.
Post a Comment