Friday, February 15, 2008
The Usefulness of Wikis
Some wikis are better than others... I think that the more information they contain about a subject the better. I liked the Booklovers Wiki more than the iRead Wiki, for example, because Booklovers contained actual reviews (and cover photos) that made me want to read several of the books. Mere titles probably won't entice one to pick up a book. The Bullrun Library wiki was informative and amusing. I like the link to Uncyclopedia, with Stephen Colbert's treatise on librarians. ("A group of librarians is also known as a shoosh.") Or, my favorite, the link to The #1 Song On This Date In History. Fun! I looked up both my sons' birthdays and was disappointed to find that Mariah Carey and Cristina Aguilera had the #1 songs on those days. C'mon - couldn't it have been someone cooler?! (So, okay, this link may not be the most "useful" but it was the most entertaining...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment